Beginning SCUBA Classes
At Aquatic Obsessions we have Open Water Certification classes (Beginner Courses) running every couple of weeks. Our class days and times fit many different schedules. We offer weekend courses, evening courses, and more.
If you need special attention, have a difficult schedule or simply desire personalized instruction, we also offer Private Training. Whether you have group of private instruction, our professional staff will take the time to make sure you are diving safely while having fun in our underwater world!
How to Pay for your Class
It is very important that you pay for any scuba classes directly with us at Aquatic Obsessions.
If you pay SDI or TDI for the course, your final course fee will be higher than paying directly with us.
Aquatic Obsessions 2021 & 2022
6193 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33710 (727) 344-3483 www.aodive.com
Beginning (a/k/a Open Water) Scuba Classes Schedules & Important Information
- The class fee includes: All class materials, pool , Five training dives & certification fees. You must pay AO directly to get the lower course fee.
Do not pay SDI!
- All students must pick up their Online E-Learning student package and register Online at www.AODIVE.com and complete on-line course and pass Final Exam
BEFORE the first class. All students must print their Student Report (not wall certificate) and bring all the printed pages of the Student Report to the first class.
*You cannot continue class without bringing the Student Report to your first class. Report to your first class at Aquatic Obsessions and please be on time.
- The following equipment is provided by Aquatic Obsessions for you use, during your class:
Tanks and Air fills, Regulator w/Octopus, Dive Computer, Gauges and Bouyancy Compensater Devise (BCD).
- You must provide your own Personal Skin Gear. This gear must be of SCUBA QUALITY. If you do not get this gear from us, you must bring it to the dive shop a few days before your pool session to have it inspected and checked to make sure it is of Scuba Quality and is safe for you to use. You will need:
Mask, Snorkel, Booties, Open-heel Fins, Weights and belt, mesh bag & wetsuit. We have a few rental wetsuits , but selection is limited.
|Class Number||Class and Pool Dates||Dive Trip Dates Option 1||Option 2|
|Class #03 2021 Wkend Class||Sat.March 6 (Raindate, Sun. March 7 )||Rainbow River March 20 & 21||Key Largo April 23-25|
|Class #04 2021 Wkend Class||Sat. March 13 (Raindate, Sun. March 14)||Rainbow River March 20 & 21||Key Largo April 23-25|
|Class #05 2021 Wkend Class||Sat. April 3 (Raindate, Sun. April 4)||Rainbow River May 1 & 2||Key Largo April 23-25|
|Class #06 2021 Wkend Class||Sat. April 17 (Raindate, Sun. April 18)||Rainbow River May 1 & 2||Key Largo April 23-25|
- Weekend classes, 8am-6pm (bring snacks & drinks to these classes). For all classes and dives, be on time. Late arrivals are not accepted.
- Evening classes, 6pm-10pm. For all classes and dives, be on time. Late arrivals are not accepted.
- All Training Dive trip fees must be paid in full when you pay for class.
- Dive Dates and times can be re-scheduled by A.O. due to bad weather or dive charter conflicts. Cancellations by the customer for training dives fees will receive a 50% refund, only if requested in writing by the student at least 30 days prior to the start date of the training dive trip (only emails to [email protected] constitutes written notice). NO Show for the dive Trip results in forfeiture of all hotel and boat trip fees paid. Cancellation policies are products of the dive charters and hotels, not A,O. We reserve the right to move students to another class if the class does not reach the minimum size by the week of the first class.
- Any cancellation or movement to a different pool session less than Seven days prior to scheduled pool session will incur a $50 rescheduling fee. NO Shows will result in a $100 fee to re-schedule the student. Please keep your class and dive dates free and timely. No show for class results in a $100 fee to reschedule.
- Each student must attend his/her scheduled classes and training dives and must pass all SDI training & safety requirements to qualify for certification. All class graduates must also attend the AO Dive Club meeting that follows their training dives to be awarded with their SDI International OW Scuba OW certification care.
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: (727) 344-3483
Fax: (727) 344-3483
Address: 6193 Central Ave
St. Petersburg, Florida 33710
Hours of Operation
Monday: 12pm to 7pm
Wednesday: 12pm to 7pm
Thursday: 12pm to 7pm
Friday: 12pm to 7pm
Saturday: 11am - 5pm